We can say there are dozens or maybe hundreds of social media that are currently developing. However, not all of these platforms can be used for business. Let’s find the top 7 social media that will work to develop your business optimally.
Why Social Media?
Because social media is very close to human life on this planet.
Without data, you would have to believe that almost no adult currently doesn’t have social media. Social media has really become a place where people actually socialize outside of their real activities.
If we look at the data, there are around 4.65 billion social media users on earth. That number is equal to 58.7% of the total world population. See? Isn’t that huge?
This data is proof that social media can be the right tool to promote your business. This data is interesting data for marketers, they are all your potential clients.
We may believe all social media can do business promotion, but that’s not all you need. You need a platform that can support your marketing strategy. Therefore you need the right social media platform.
Here are the 7 best social media platforms for your business:
YouTube is the social media platform with the most number of users in the world. On this platform, you can create various content in the form of videos, both for tutorial content and promotions or new product reviews.
The advantages of YouTube for social media marketing are:
- Has a very large number of users.
- Product description is clearer through audiovisual.
- Content is more interactive and communicative.
- Quality videos will increase brand reputation.
Meanwhile, the drawbacks are:
- The concept of the video must be mature and it takes time to edit it.
- It takes gear and tools that are not cheap to make quality videos.
- You have to learn how to do YouTube SEO to make content easier to find.
Almost all internet users in the world definitely use WhatsApp. Yes, this one application is a social media platform that is really popular for various purposes. Apart from personal use in terms of communication, WhatsApp also provides business features that you can use in social media marketing.
Following are the advantages of WhatsApp as social media for business:
- It feels more personal because it’s via chat.
- Communication can be done both ways more quickly.
- Business features are available, for example locations and catalogs to list your selling products.
- Easy integration with other applications to improve social media marketing.
The drawbacks are as follows:
- The number used cannot be the same as the personal WhatsApp number.
- Your business account name cannot be changed.
- The customer acquisition process tends to be passive, waiting for the customer to call your number.
Instagram is also one of the platforms with great opportunities to reach potential clients quickly. The number of users, which reached 2 billion all over the world, is dominated by young people in the productive-consumptive age range, namely between 18-24 years. Therefore, Instagram can be a quite effective social media marketing platform.
Here are the advantages of Instagram as social media for business:
- The content is in the form of photos and videos, which are generally more attractive to the public.
- Integrated with various other platforms.
- Has many features, such as Stories, IGTV, and Reels that can support promotions.
- Can reflect your brand persona through visuals that have characteristics.
Meanwhile, the disadvantages of Instagram as a media promotion are:
- It’s so heavy on the visuals that you need to include as attractive content as possible.
- The algorithm changes frequently, and you will have to make frequent adjustments.
- You have to upload content frequently so that engagement doesn’t drop.
Without a doubt, Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms on the internet. Its popularity and wide audience reach make Facebook a powerful social media marketing tool. Plus, Facebook has a useful tool called Insights for business that lets you understand how each piece of content you upload is performing.
Here are the advantages of Facebook as a promotional medium:
- Has a marketplace feature with millions of users.
- You can create a business page as you wish.
- Both written and visual content are highlighted.
- Fanspage and group features are available to increase the effectiveness of promotions.
While the shortcomings of Facebook as a promotional medium are:
- It’s difficult to get organic traffic, unless you pay a fee.
- Your ad can only be seen by users who are logged in to this platform.
- Posts are easy to sink because the flow of post views overlaps.
This video platform started to gain popularity in the world, especially since the COVID-19 pandemic started to spread. People are looking for lots of activities to keep from being bored at home so they started trying to create entertaining content on TikTok. In fact, some users have also started business promotions on TikTok to attract more customers.
The advantages of TikTok as a promotional platform are:
- Users are dominated by young people who like to try products.
- Ads feature is available to help you advertise your product.
- There are many trending topics or challenges that you can use for promotion.
- Anyone can see your promotional video without having an account.
Meanwhile, the disadvantages of TikTok for social media marketing are:
- Content should be as creative as possible in order to achieve FYP.
- The user group is still limited to young people.
- It’s hard to monitor your content performance metrics/analytics.
- It doesn’t have its own marketplace feature yet.
Different from previous social media, Twitter focuses on content in the form of writing with a limited number of characters. However, this character limit can be an advantage in itself because it can make your uploads or tweets more efficient.
In addition, your tweets can go viral quickly with the Retweet and Like features which will automatically share your content with other users’ followers if they retweet or like your tweet.
The advantages of Twitter for promotional media:
- Retweet and Like features are available so tweets can easily go viral.
- You can establish a more personal and interactive relationship with customers.
- The search feature is very effective for finding product keywords.
- Business promotion content can be adjusted more flexibly in the form of tweets.
While the shortcomings of Twitter as social media for business are:
- Limited characters require you to create short but effective content.
- There are many bots and buzzers that may interfere with your promotional activities.
- There is no specific place to sell or promote products.
LinkedIn is now gaining popularity in Indonesia for matters related to business, such as for the recruitment process or job search. However, LinkedIn is also quite effective as a social media marketing tool by targeting a specific niche in your market.
LinkedIn users are mostly educated people so you have the opportunity to share content about your product or brand in more depth.
Pros of LinkedIn as a social media for business:
- Most of its users are business savvy people.
- Promotion is more targeted because most of the content is business related matters.
- You can build a professional network for a variety of business models.
Meanwhile, the disadvantages of LinkedIn for business promotion are:
- Promotional content is less flexible because it has to look professional.
- The user interface is a bit confusing.
- The price for the marketing solution is considered too expensive.
This information is related with:
- Hyperlocal social media marketing
- Social media marketing companies
- Social media marketing company
- Social media marketing services
- Social media marketing courses